Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I will attempt to make it much more than just a pitiful list of the relentlessly mundane minutiae of my daily existence but if you feel that I have failed try to imagine all the stuff that I haven't posted.

Sunday 30 January 2011

You know what we should do?

Get out of it for a while. Get into the countryside. Rejuvenate.


Rejuvenate! I'm in a park and I'm practically dead. What good's the
countryside?

.........it WAS cold, but once I'd got up against a radiator and covered myself in deep heat I started to recover.
It was a great weekend and I've come home with a car full of samples to test. The first photo is Grimley Andesite - well a stream full of it - and the second is a disused diorite quarry. Every view I look at now is stripped to the bare bones of its bedrock geology. When I close my eyes the stars I see are quartz phenocrysts. Maybe I've been out in the field too long........

No comments:

Post a Comment