Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I will attempt to make it much more than just a pitiful list of the relentlessly mundane minutiae of my daily existence but if you feel that I have failed try to imagine all the stuff that I haven't posted.

Thursday 20 January 2011

Staggering around in fields


It's been a misty drizzly day today so I decided to spend it outside shuffling along the edges of fields on my hands an knees looking for half buried treasure. Potters treasure! As I sit here on the computer I'm chilled to the bones but feeling quite content. Very little in the treasure cache in my workshop but I think I've got access to a clay source that isn't contaminated with chalk (as the gault and other clays are).
My firing was a mixed bag but the positives are very strong. A couple of the materials I have found are stunning! What I'm actually going to do with them is another matter.........

No comments:

Post a Comment