Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I will attempt to make it much more than just a pitiful list of the relentlessly mundane minutiae of my daily existence but if you feel that I have failed try to imagine all the stuff that I haven't posted.

Sunday 16 January 2011

Tests for the maiden test kiln firing


The kiln is finally ready for its first firing. Three days sorting samples, crushing and grinding and weighing and I've a kiln load of tests. The first is a selection of various collected samples from near my home - just plain fuseability tests - and then a few quick simple line blends to try and see what these samples contain. It's all a long way from a pot but hopefully it's a first step up.

More tests tomorrow then firing on Tuesday. The kiln's only small (40 x 40 inside) so it'll probably go up like a rocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment