Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I will attempt to make it much more than just a pitiful list of the relentlessly mundane minutiae of my daily existence but if you feel that I have failed try to imagine all the stuff that I haven't posted.

Saturday 20 October 2012

Oh dear.....

....it's all been too much for these rough bowls. Cone 6 was just a step too far, which is a shame as the Oxford clay based glazed is stunning.
This was attempt number...oh I've lost count...trying to get something glazed made entirely from materials I collected at the Bronze Age dig at Must Farm in Cambridgeshire. The body was based on a new seam of Neolithic era deposited river clay that had responded well in testing. Aaah well. Time to get the angle grinder out.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, sorry, sorry, but a big smile on my face, I'm so glad other potters get it wrong too, and it's not just me.

    Earthenware temps?

    Susan

    ReplyDelete