Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I will attempt to make it much more than just a pitiful list of the relentlessly mundane minutiae of my daily existence but if you feel that I have failed try to imagine all the stuff that I haven't posted.

Sunday 5 February 2012

Into the white

Well, the firing I did in my gas kiln proved quite an ordeal - having to repeatedly swap gas bottles that were frozen to the ground as the temperature plummeted to minus 10C.....but, the next morning....aaaah isn't it beautiful.

This is a view along the canal, or 'lode', that gave the village its name. The white building is the mill. It was used to grind various things including coprolite that was exported as a fertilizer. it's one of the things I have been hunting for to use in a glaze, but so far without success.

Lovely as it is I hope it's all gone by my next firing on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment