Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I will attempt to make it much more than just a pitiful list of the relentlessly mundane minutiae of my daily existence but if you feel that I have failed try to imagine all the stuff that I haven't posted.

Thursday 6 June 2013

The pit is opened

It took a couple of days to burn through, but today we opened + unpacked the Pit. Not bad for a first attempt with some good pinks and yellows from the seaweed and some colour from copper and soda, as well as the balcks.
I spent the rest of the day on the new wood kiiln. It now has a sturdy shelter (seemingly pointless in this fantastic sunshine) and only 2 more feet to add to the chimney. Arch tomorrow, along with crushing Triassic sandstone to add to my very fine Carboniferous ball clays from the Malvern Hills. More on this and my new work later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment